The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is interested in investigating the feasibility of using a shorter, revised survey and offering Web-based survey administration. CMS has designed a mode experiment to test the new instrument and four administration modes: mail only, telephone only, mail with telephone follow-up, and web with mail follow-up. The Web mode experiment is planned for late 2021.
Recruiting for the mode experiment will begin in early 2021. We will be recruiting home health agencies of all sizes, ownership types, and geographic locations for participation. Benefits to participating:
- Gain early insights into how your patients respond to the shorter survey instrument and web-based survey administration.
- Be part of an important research effort.
- Minimal effort for your agency. Once you fill out the Participation Interest Form giving your vendor permission to provide any leftover sample to RTI, your vendor will do everything else!
- CMS will cover the costs of data collection and analysis; RTI will prepare and mail the questionnaires, conduct the telephone interviews, initiate the web survey, and analyze the data.
- Receive a summary report with your results compared to aggregated results of other participating HHAs.
For more information about participating in the Web mode experiment, click on the FAQs link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-662-8174.